Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oven-Roasted Beets

My love used to be brussel sprouts but after having them a couple times a week my husband and I got tired of them. Now my new love is roasted beets. When eating out if a salad had beets in it that is what I was getting, it beat any other dish every time, so when the kiddos were at Oma's for the night and I actually had time to watch tv and it wasn't Peppa Pig or Mike the Knight, Guy, my roasted beet super hero, was making roasted beet and bacon kale salad. By the way that is also the day I discovered sauteed kale! It is easy and the beets taste phenomenal!


I get the organic beets from the store because they are always much larger. Trim off the greens and cut off the top and bottom. Double wrap in aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle some Kosher salt over them. Seal them up and bake in oven at 425 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. You know they are done when you can stick a fork through them. Peel and enjoy!




Since my husband doesn't eat them I sliced them up and stuck the left overs in the fridge for a salad the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment