Monday, July 2, 2012

Farmer's Market Zucchini Bread

My kids and I just love visiting the farmer's markets over the weekend. My kids love all the fresh, organic, locally grown vegetables.


Colbie enjoying some cherry tomatoes! At the Maynard's Farmer's Market


Who can pass up fresh, organic zucchinis? Not me and one way I love them, my kids as well, is in bread. Today the kids and I made the yummiest zucchini bread so I thought I would share the recipe!


The ingredients include:


2 zucchinis grated
2 eggs, beaten 
1 1/3 C sugar
2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 C unsalted butter, melted
3 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbs chai seed

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
2) Mix together in a large bowl: eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
3) Add the grated zucchini and melted butter to the bowl and mix.
4) Sprinkle baking soda and salt into mixture and stir.
5) Add flour a third at a time.
6) Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, and chai seed.
7) Divide batter evenly into two pans and bake for 1 hour checking bread at 50 minutes.



*You can fold in dried fruit or nuts to add more protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment